FREE CASE CONSULTATION
Who is Tom Anelli, DWI Guy?
Mr. Anelli, New York DWI attorney, is factory trained and factory certified on the DataMaster and the DataMaster DMT. Mr. Anelli has received certifications as a Practitioner and Instructor of Standardized Field Sobriety Testing by the National Highway Traffic and Safety Association. He was further trained on the Fundamentals of Accident Reconstruction by John Kwasnowki one of the nation’s experts in this field, he attended nationally recognized Gerry Spence’s Trial Lawyers College and is an active member of the National College of DUI Defense.
He also has been honored with the privilege of being a legal commentator on such networks as Court TV, TruTv, CBS News Productions, and The Learning Channel, and was awarded the Honor of being one of the Nations Top 100 Trial Lawyers in 2013 and 2104 by the National Trial Lawyers Association. Mr. Anelli authored, the New York Edition of The DUI Book: A Citizen’s Guide to Understanding DWI – DWI Litigation in America. He also has been instrumental in the firm’s handling of numerous serious vehicular assault and vehicular homicide cases, and has worked together with the firm’s vehicular homicide team that he created to handle DWI cases that involve serious injury or death.
Why Tom Anelli and His Firm
As an active member of the National College of DUI Defense, Tom Anelli, DWI Guy, remains nationally trained in the defenses best utilized to defend those charged with driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs. As the author of the New York Edition of, The DUI Book: A Citizen’s Guide to Understanding DWI – DWI Litigation in America, Tom Anelli has a solid understanding of DWI Defense and the collateral consequences it has on the lives of those charged.
Mr. Anelli’s experience as a DWI Defense attorney has been noticed and rewarded by his being offered several appearances on national legal programs where he has appeared as a legal commentator and is a NHTSA certified practitioner and instructor of Field Sobriety Testing. Because of Mr. Anelli’s passion for defending those charged with DWI he has taken the time to travel throughout the nation and Mr. Anelli has been factory trained at National Patent Analytical Systems, Inc. the company that manufactures the BAC DataMaster, the breath-testing devices used by local police.
The DWI Guy and his team of attorneys have helped thousands of people charged with DWI protect their rights and move forward with their lives throughout New York State. At Anelli Xavier, DWI defense is all they do. Tom has strived to completely understand the complexity of DWI cases, including the technical science of infrared and fuel cell breath testing.
DWI Attorney Office Locations
To serve you better, we now have four main offices throughout the state. Our representatives are always available for you. Call us today: 1-800-570-1810.
Syracuse DWI Law Office: 269 West Jefferson Street | Syracuse, New York 13202
Albany DWI Law Office: 522 Broadway | Albany, New York 12207
Rochester DWI Law Office: 510 Clinton Square | Rochester, New York 14604
Buffalo DWI Law Office: 50 Fountain Plaza, Suite 1400 | Buffalo, New York 14202
Professional Awards and Associations
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers by the National Trial Lawyers 2013 and 2014
- AVVO Rating Superb Attorney [10/10 for 2012, 2011, 2010]
- AVVO Client Choice 
- Top New York Lawyers 
- Martindale Hubbell Peer Review [Very High Rating in Both Legal and Ethical Standards]2011-2012
- Top New York Lawyer in Newsweek [August, 2012]
- Attorney of the Month, Attorney at Law Magazine [July/August 2012]
- New York State Bar Association
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- National College of DUI Defense, Inc.
- New York Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- National Trial Lawyers Association
Bachelor of Arts: Syracuse University Juris Doctor: St. Thomas University School of Law
- National College of DUI Defense
- Gerry Spence Trial Lawyers College
- DWI Means Defend with Ingenuity: Ultimate DUI Defense
- National College of DUI Defense, Winter Session Atlantis
- Certificate of Competency: BAC Data Master and Basic Science of Evidential Breath Alcohol Testing
- NHTSA/IACP Certified Standardized Field Sobriety Practitioner, Walden Platt and Associates
- DWI Means Defend With Ingenuity: Going All-In When the Deck is Stacked Against You
- DWI Means Defend With Ingenuity: Making Over Your DUI Practice
- National College of DUI Defense, 2005 Summer Session
- DWI Means Defend With Ingenuity: Under the Microscope
- Fundamentals of Accident Reconstruction
Recent Client Review
By: People vs. E.F.
Title: Terrifically organized and precise. Highly qualified…
Terrifically organized and precise. Highly qualified for the case with specific strategy. They were there 100% for me. The case at hand was handled greatly with great results. No reason not to recommend.