Derek Andrews is an of-counsel attorney in New York’s Capital District and surrounding Eastern New York region. His criminal defense practice with the DWI GUYs, a firm he’s maintained a relationship with since 2013, primarily consists of impaired driving offenses like DWI, DWAI—Drugs, and Leandra’s Law DWI and penal law offenses like drug possession, assaults, and white collar crime. Since his law school graduation and for the vast majority of his career, Derek has been passionate about defending those individuals facing criminal charges whether it’s by negotiating for the most favorable plea bargain or going to trial. His successful track record in the courtroom is proof of his efforts.
- Syracuse University College of Law (Juris Doctor)
- Western New Mexico University (Bachelor of Science, magna cum laude)
- The State Bar of New York
- United States District Court – Northern District of New York
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars
- Peer Reviewed Rating by Martindale Hubbell